Resolution of iphone to desktop videos
When I use my iphone to create a video and upload, the res is 480x320
when using my desktop its 640x480
I'm on the basic paid plan.
Whats going on? How can I set the resolution/size? Looks like 'sh*t' at the 480x320.
My iphone says its recording video at HD so that doesn't seem to be it.
I thought I could set a recording res size?
If helps: My recorder embed:
<ziggeorecorder ziggeo-theme='modern' id="ziggeo-recorder">
<script>ZiggeoApi.token = 'myTokenHere';</script>
<script>ZiggeoApi.Config.webrtc = true;</script>
I presume that you are making a recording from your iPhone on a webpage? If so your camera settings might be set up for HD resolution, however it is the native camera app that will decide what to send to our system at that point.
Unfortunately when you make a recording on web, since the app will decide on its own if the recording will be in HD or SD format and ignore the values that are sent to it (parameters), it is not possible to specifically set it to higher resolution.
If you log into your account you can actually see the size of the video that is sent to us from your iPhone. To do that you would:
1. log into your Ziggeo account
2. click on the application that you had used
3. click on Videos submenu
4. now on this Videos page you will see all of your videos and clicking on the one you just made will open a preview on the right and you will see a link that says "View Single Streams". Please click on it
5. On this new page you will see original stream, which would show you the exact resolution of video we got and which we used to transcode your video (and optionally apply effects, etc. depending on your setup).
* This should however be better in near future as Apple had made announcements that sound as if everyone would be able to take advantage of the powerful HD cameras that they have on their iOS devices.
For now unfortunately we still need to wait for the mobile system developers to make it possible for all of us.
Sections such as "HD videos recording on iOS devices through web interface" and the 3 other segments that follow it show you a bit more details related to mobile devices ("Time limitations on mobile devices", "Rerecordings setup on mobile devices", "Pausing recording on mobile devices").
Hope this helps Todd and please do let us know if you have any other questions we could be of help with.
thanks makes sense. Otherwise, its working really well. Few more glitches to figure out and set to go live.
Happy to be able to help and I am glad to hear that it is working really well for you :)
Of course it goes without saying, do let us know if there is anything else that we might be able to assist with :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.