At this time (19th of September 2016) we have one end point to which the data is being sent each time.
This server then determines to which one of our processing servers the videos will go to be handled.
We are currently working on making Ziggeo global even further than it currently is. What this means is that the node (server) mentioned above would be "multiplied" so we would end up having similar, receiving, servers all around the world.
We were contacted in many tickets about having a way to separate EU server and videos from US servers and videos. Achieving the goal above, would help us with that since we would have both EU servers and US servers that can be used to record and storage the videos (possibly not just US and EU).
Our idea is to make this into the feature that would help everyone:
- for those looking to have better uploading speeds;
- for those that want and need to contain data in specific areas of the world;
- and for everyone else that is looking to ...
Where you come in
Building a great feature is as great as info you have on how to use the same. That is why we would like you to tell us how you would like to use this and what kind of options you would need.
So here you can help us turn those 3 dots above into more info that we can work with.
Just as an example:
Use Case A
- I want to have recordings uploaded to closest server
- it is not important where the server is, as long as the upload is finished faster.
- and videos are played nicely all over the world
Use Case B
- The recordings should be sent always to the location of my choice
- the same should also be stored in the same area,
- without being present on other servers around the world.
Our design at this time would be to:
- make the setup per application
- not per account (too global);
- not per video (to specific);
- make all zones / areas where we add servers available to be checked and unchecked under Manage section
- All locations would have checkbox in front of them, so you can select and de-select the regions according to your own needs;
- make all zones checked by default;
So please let us know what you would like to add to this global multi-server setup.
Is there anything that you would suggest us to do or watch out for?
Anything you add is going to be taken into account and this initial implementation will be made based on all of the tickets so far, and mostly based on the feedback here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.