Our r31 has been moved from developer preview to the officially released version. This means that it is a fully functional new revision that you can check out and use if you are interested in any of the new features it brings.
I will mention only the most important ones, however the list with more details can be found within our documentation here.
If you are using v1, the r31 will allow you to leave your code as is and actually fully utilize v2 in the background. This option is great for anyone that does not have a team of developers that can help with the switch to v2.
We do of course recommend switching to v2 instead when you get a chance since that would make you remove the connector layer that translates v1 to proper v2 codes for you.
While most of the changes done are mentioned on the above page here are some of the interesting ones:
- Our player now supports subtitles based on the audio transcription within your account.
- We heard your requests and made `processing` and `processed` events fire always.
- Simulators can be run efficiently for both recording and uploads (not over Flash)
- We have added new parameters to help you force the orientation of the mobile device
- We also made it possible to force the resolution*
- Accessibility is something we want to make better. As such we have made it possible for anyone to go through the player or recorder and utilize their controls.
* Some browser versions might actually require us to specify one of the resolutions in which case our system matches your input with the browser requirements / limitations and uses the best match.
Have you already tried it? Let us know how much you like it in the comments :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.